Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1. I feel better when I stay away from caffeine. (coffee, chocolate and tea.) In some ways it a very slight thing that's hard to put a finger on. In other ways it's more obvious. Basically all stress is amped up. So the slight stress I might fall into at home is amplified. And the large stress at work is amplified along the same scale. The work stress is obvious. But eating chocolate (and perhaps sugar also) (and coffee/tea) seems to ruin my enjoyment of my days off also.
2. I shouldn't do any given exercise two days in a row. From powerrunning.com we see that running three times a week worked better. My own experience so far has found that once every 4 days worked best of all. Definitely though two days in a row is just a waste.
3. Similar to the thinking behind vibrams, running on a treadmill seems to teach me bad running form resulting in knee pain. (Maybe).
4. I don't feel quite as good if I eat wheat. It's like glue. Not just in my intestinal tract. I just feel less like moving. Groggy.
5. I have to eat green vegetables everyday. Helps me sleep and avoid ever catching a cold. But perhaps more than peas and green beans. Need brocoli and brussel sprouts.
6. Never exercise the day before switching over to working a 12 hour night shift.
7. Keep exercise in a comfortable zone. Was thinking of the term "ethereal exercise". But before the kindle I had the definition of 'ethereal' a little off.
8. Find a way to ensure adequate vitamin D in the winter. God I hate winter. Wish I had a greenhouse at least.
9. Stretch.
10. Avoid spicy foods.