Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lovecraft was an indifferentist because compared to the cosmos life on earth was so insignificant in his eyes.

I think such is a rather silly idea but wonder if I do something equivalent. If I sort of look at a thing and take away all it's meaning by in effect dissecting it. Looking at the micro, looking at each individual part in isolation, losing sight of the connections....

I find a way to sneer at all happiness. I love my house for example. Oh what a silly shallow minded materialist I am. I enjoy the cello. But I'm at the point that I really have to spend a lot of time, to get better. A few days off and I regress... (Previously, instruments were such decadent things to be wasting time on while there was a world out there that needed saving, but not any more!)

No, just sleep now.

-

Intelligence is inversely proportional to happiness.

Compassion is proportional to distance. The farther away, the more we care.