Monday, March 28, 2011

Hope ~ 1/Security
The amount of hope we have for the future is generally inversely proportional to the amount of security we have as we age. Hopefully at least, as we age, we gain security to make up for the loss of hope.

Compassion ~ 1/Proximity
The further away someone is, the more we seem to give a damm about them. In other words, compassion is inversely proportional to proximity. And the distance can be both physical and in terms of time. So we can be fascinated to learn all about some ancestor we not only can't ever meet, but can't ever even actually speak to. Meanwhile we as often as not have virtually nothing to do with our living relatives. Or at least really wish we had nothing to do with them.

Intelligence ~ 1/Happiness
Happiness is generally about finding ways to delude yourself. Happiness is about myopia. Focusing on small inconsequential transient phenomena from one moment to the next, for, your entire lifetime. DO NOT see the big picture. Manage somehow to hold on to religion/mysticism. Find this world to a relatively wonderful place. Etcetera.

This new show about people finding out about their ancestors sickens me. My family doesn't even speak to any our of relatives. Not our great aunt. Not my mom's sister's family. No one at all of my biological father's family or him. If someone offered to tell me all about my ancestors, I'd say I really don't care at all to hear about them. Because you know, let's KEEP IT CONSISTENT.

I've felt more secure lately. And it did make up for the lack of hope. Last week or so, security feelings are somehow receding. Why, I don't really know. Just too much negative stuff at work lately. And it is generally all about work.

Life, that is. Like it, or not.