Monday, March 21, 2011

An email I guess I won't send. Why? Our manager really hates this stuff. Also I'm just going to defer to my wife's judgement. Saying negative things about others is dangerous. And I seriously doubt my opinion would matter on whether or not the doctor's career is ruined.

H,
Sorry to bother you with this. But yesterday JM was saying that she had filed an incident report concerning GJ that she claimed may get him fired and I was just thinking that maybe I finally ought to mention something.

I really think that J is inappropriate with a few men. With other women she is fine. But with me for example, she has been an extreme headache off and on since I've worked here. When I was a nurse's aide she criticized my performance literally every single day for months at a time. Always though, pretending she was "joking" with me, but at the same time, quite seriously criticizing everything I did. Literally including how I pulled people up in bed, claiming I caused her to hurt her back, then going on about it for 6 months almost daily, yet with the facade that she was just "joking" which I guess somehow in her mind makes it OK to go on for literally six months.

As a new nurse she only took it to a higher level, constantly criticizing everything I did. Claiming I answered the phone wrong, claiming I left stepdown when I shouldn't have, endless little things really, then she'd just wait to see what kind of reaction she could get out of me, and if I ever (would finally) respond with annoyance she'd claim she was just joking.

I wouldn't bother pointing these things out except to mention that I can seriously sympathize with someone finally truly blowing up at her. She is very passive aggressive towards a few men and will just keep taking "pokes" at them.

I could go on and on about the sorts of things she's personally done to me but I don't want to just waste your time with something that you can't do anything about. I only wanted to finally mention this with respect to her possibly getting GJ fired. I don't think GD or for that matter Dr. Jac acts in an appropriate manner all the time, but I do think that JM is partially to blame for whatever happened with GJ because I'm pretty sure she's been taking "pokes" at him for quite awhile now also.

I could mention for example this Sunday. One of my patients was moving to the floor. J was to get the patient and everything was ready for her at 4:30pm. She never took the patient. The patient was moved at shift change. J was not so busy as that. I expressed some annoyance to someone in stepdown about it as on top of this (trached and restrained patient) my other two patients were very busy at the time.

J apparently was in the medroom listening at the door. She then around 6:15 finally comes back to stepdown when I'm charting something and says, "Look at you. Throwing a big fit and you hardly look like you're that busy."

Said though, as usual, as if she's (somehow) joking. Attempting to claim I "threw a big fit" when I hadn't. Claiming I'm not busy when I'm extremely busy and yet said in her typical half joking manner such that if I respond seriously I'm somehow being inappropriate.

I responded, "Excuse me? I'm extremely busy."

So then she leaves, never does take the patient. At shift change I hunt down A who says that J told her I had no updates (to add to earlier taped report). I did have updates. Most importantly the patient was wearing mitts that she had managed to take off twice and was a serious risk for pulling out her trach. Why J would claim I had no updates concerning a patient that was supposed to be moved out to her on the floor 2 and half hours ago that instead she never spoke to me concerning I couldn't say.

What I do know furthermore is that she's far and away the biggest gossip on the floor. She recently spent 6 months slandering BL every single day. Attempting to seriously convince people he was going to come to work with a gun. I know she'll go and on behind my back with some smear concerning this issue.

She goes on and on about MS and has even managed to get a rise on numerous occasions out of BH. (the other few men basically)

I'm sorry for the long email. I just hate to see her get someone fired who she's been creating drama with the last year plus.

She also was extremely inappropriate with TJ when he worked here. Constantly flirting. Spending all her time with him. It really didn't seem like appropriate behavior in a hospital setting. The people who tried to talk to her about it though she then smeared them behind their backs for the next 6 months.

Anyway I really try to just stay out of these sorts of things but I just would hate to possibly see someone getting fired at least in part because of her behavior.