Monday, October 7, 2013

So just doing a long run once every 4 days. Did my third 10 miler today in 1:27:52. Almost a 3 minute improvement from the first. Got really sore on the second one on a more hilly (BR) course. Felt pretty crappy afterwards for a few days.. Also gastric upset, maybe not adjusting well (yet) to eating a lot of fruit. Well I was doing good with apples and pears, but just eating a lot of cantalope maybe not as well. Who knows.

Afterwards I had much more energy than the previous time. But then I had some insomnia and thought I was getting a migraine. Finally broke down and took an aspirin, and then a lortab and relpax. And managed to get some sleep and felt very well the next day. Best I've felt in a while. It's possible to really feel awful after a hard long run. The first 24 to 48 hours after such a run can be far, far worse than the run. But you definitely get better at handling it. And it's quite enjoyable (usually) to run quite a bit beyond an hour at a decent speed.

Trying to make a template using a couple of a my favorite trilogies. Starting to spend too much time going out with people. Too busy.