Sunday, September 29, 2013

Football is like cocaine to me. I mean I don't really enjoy it and it makes me feel miserable. I'm just wasting my time. The game that's just on in the background that first week starts to matter a bit more such that by week 3 or 4 I just sit there the whole day doing nothing else. And so this weekend I watched WVU, Steelers game and Jets game and that's 12 hours. I read a book here and there also, but just a bit. I'm disgusted with myself. Now as it's getting dark, I could at least go practice my cello.... and I will. But if not for writing this I wouldn't have. I would just have gone with feeling disgusted and completely wasting this day.

As some people can't handle alcohol, etc, I can't handle football. I have to just not watch it at all. Of course I know it's stupid sport also. People hurting each other and tons of commercials. But I've learned the hard way that in order to have any enjoyment at all in this life I have to ignore the inherent stupidity that is in everything. But perhaps for football I shouldn't ignore it.