Thursday, October 31, 2013

Maybe we collectively eventually fall apart and die because we collectively look forward to it. Maybe the secret to immortality is simply making a better world.

Bad migraine today. Think triggered by flu shot that if I didn't get my health insurance would have cost an extra 890 dollars per year. Two lortab did absolutely nothing. A tourniquet around my head seems to be the only thing that has made it tolerable. I had started eating chocolate again maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago. And I seem to be getting headaches lately. Maybe it's a coincidence, but I shall stop the chocolate. Bloodwork the other day showed a 60 point increase in my cholesterol (207). So I shall severely curtail diary products from my diet.

On some level, if not in pure agony, being sick can be nice. My wife takes care of me. I put the Dark Crystal or The Last Unicorn on. Loki usually stays with me. The responsibilities I feel can be forgotten for a while.

Tremendously bothered by this though. I can't think straight when it happens. And in general I feel like my ability to think recently has been a shadow of what it once was.