Thursday, September 19, 2013

Today 2 miles in 13:39 which is a 19 or so second PB. Of course my garmin broke and the mile marker may have been a bit off but any which way it's a really good time for me. First PB in about a year. Must remember what I've been doing:
1. A few months of intervals about 5 days a week. At first 3 minutes, in the last couple weeks 2 and then only 1. Then easing up last week and this week instead doing my first long run (12 miles at 5mph) on Saturday, then 3 minute intervals on Tuesday for only 3 miles. (I now definitely think that 1 minute intervals are too short!)
2. Weighed 204.4 without shoes.
3. Have eaten more fruit recently than I ever have when into running. Cantalope and honeydew often for breakfast and otherwise apples and pears baked with cinnamon and walnuts/pecans.
Still doing the one legged squats after each run. Just a quick set of 100. Knee doing well, though what is wrong is still there.

Previous PB's happened when I combined slow long runs with some very hard fast runs. I really wonder though that additionally the fruit may be helping. I definitely feel a bit better with eating more fruit anyway.

For weightlifting, just a single pretty hard set of bench presses, pulldowns and shoulder raises every 4 or 5 days.