Monday, September 16, 2013

I cured a second person's insomnia.
-
World building. Jare, Meglin, Viridian, Noror, Teng (preliminary names). Making the kings. The basic cultures and so on. The geographical features and so on. Need to work on the magic system. And the religions. And if that's all that ever comes, that's just fine. But it seems like for better or worse there will be more.
-
Switched to just running three days a week. A long run. A hard tempo. An interval workout. Running 6 days a week made me feel like I wasn't getting other things done.
-
Pond leak. Can't find it. Very slow leak. Could just refill it once every week or so. But strangely inconsistent.
-
Nothing much to say. Would rather be working on my world. Still hanging out with D and S all this time later. No others. Found S is also a INTJ. Wife is a INFJ.
-
Rereading Farseer Trilogy for I think the 4th time. This time not quite as good. Still nostalgia. Comfort read. Maybe on the kindle with black background plays a role? Some plot stuff is just too contrived. And I think there were even a few inconsistencies? But I care far more about worldbuilding and characters.

Actually the world building is nothing special. I've heard her say you have to have a religion to make a world any good, but there is virtually no religion at all so far. Verity being in Fitz mind when Nighteyes is there also and yet Verity doesn't know is a bit much. The extent to which Regal gets away with things also. And the slow poisoning of Shrewd. I like the plot of Titus Groan and Gormenghast much better. If only it had some magic.

Would that work? Some magic added in?