Thursday, July 14, 2011

On May 20th I wrote: "Did a run 2 min and walk 1 minute 5k today in 27:37. Which is very good. Previously had done a 3/1 in 26:59..."

Last night I did 3 mile 2/1 in 26:00 But this is 3 mile versus I think a 5k, because they got the 1.5 mile marker clearly quite a bit off. Not really sure exactly how much off though. Also this was more downhill. So as opposed to an improvement of 1:37 minutes it might not be any improvement at all. Even the opposite. Don't really know. Know that I was working on a really long stride, which is what I want to run with now, so at first I was expecting to be slightly slower with it anyway. And this was actually 6 miles of intervals, although I mostly ran out of steam at 3 miles. Trying to push myself further. Not sure if I should be.

In other uninteresting news I found baby fish in this water container inside the enclosed raised bed garden. I had put some water lettuce in it as opposed to just throwing it away. Apparently some baby fish or fertilized eggs were stuck in the roots. I've thrown away a ton of water lettuce so I guess I've killed tons of baby fish. (I dislike the term "fry".) Based on the coloring coming in on the larger ones looks like they may just be goldfish.