Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What an absurd idealist I was.

I gradually became less so as I got older though. Less idealistic about life and about people.

An idealist about the world in general because I can see a better way and as such can barely stand what the world is instead.

About people I've learned to see them for who they really are instead of idealistically. The last hard part was dealing with people online who wanted to only communicate via the internet. It's hard to not idealize with someone who won't ever actually speak out loud to you. Except when you incorporate that exact fact of course and really think about what it says about the person. Duh.

It is hard though to stand to see things as they actually are. Actually impossible I think. Just have to know when idealizing is going to hurt me, versus when it's the only thing that will keep me going.