Sunday, March 5, 2017

Lost 7-6, 6-3 to Mohammad Z. Who is deceptively good. 6'4", thin, agile, gets everything in and hit all kinds of passing shots. Additionally we were on the super slow court so very few free points on my serve. And he was a drop shot master which tires me just enough that I start missing.

Next day played owner Steve and won 6-2, 6-2. Once again on the super slow court. Steve just doesn't have the agility. Also hit more unforced errors. But also I changed my grip. Instead of double continental backhand and trying to switch to continental/western forehand, I just used a continental/eastern forehand on both sides. So a Jimmy Connors backhand. Think it was the first time I used it in a match. It worked well. Going to stick with it for a while even if I have a bad day. Great for hitting on the run and ROS was really good too. Also EF grip much better on forehand if I have to go one handed. Trying to avoid going one handed on backhand unless absolutely necessary and then it's pretty much just a back spin lob unless at net.

On serve tried a eastern forehand grip on deuce court and continental grip on ad court. And my serve was better in the deuce court. After a while started hitting ad court close to an EF grip also. Think that's what I'll do in the future.

Also played with NRG for the first time. Previously thought NXT much better but NRG was plenty good enough.